I just wanted to ask how you stopped pulling?

I like “hairtoday-gonetomorrow’s” response to this:

Hi I just wanted to ask how you stopped pulling? I feel like I am so unconscious that im pulling my hair and when I do realise I put ny hand down.. buy shortly after I find it up again.I really want to stop as im seeing bald patches and thin hair :(.

8 Comments

1. Azalia Gonzalez
    Posted December 20, 2013 at 11:19 am | Permalink | Reply

I haven’t stopped pulling yet but I’m in the process and I wear gloves. I also wear bracelets that make sounds when I reach up to pull. And I had went to Michaels and bought all kinds of activities to keep my hands busy.

• Posted December 20, 2013 at 11:50 am | Permalink | Reply

That’s great Azalia! You’re definitely on a path of becoming more aware of when you pull and it definitely can help to keep those fingers busy!

2. Jackie
    Posted December 20, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Permalink | Reply

I started by having my head shaved (because my hair was already thin and patchy by then), wearing a scarf over my head, and then making some dietary changes. Specifically, I cut out all junk food and grains completely, while decreasing my carbohydrate intake, and eating more protein and fat (coconut oil and non-ultra pasteurized heavy cream, specifically). Sleep and regular (light) exercise also helped, so be sure to get a lot of rest and walking everyday if you can. I hope this helps!

• Posted December 20, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Permalink | Reply

Thanks so much sharing Jackie! It’s awesome to hear what works for others because each person is so different and there is no cure-all so we can learn so much from each other!

3. sue_khalid@yahoo.com.au
    Posted December 21, 2013 at 12:19 am | Permalink | Reply

Hi

I’m taking a drug called Abilify. 5mg daily. It’s been miraculous. I now have thick Curley grey/brown hair. Don’t give up on recovery. I did it after 10 years of trich misery. Good luck

Sue

Sent from my iPhone Sue Khalid 0433622613

• sara
      Posted January 2, 2014 at 2:12 pm | Permalink | Reply

Is “ability” an over the counter thing and is it classified as a drug?

4. Tara
    Posted December 29, 2013 at 11:11 am | Permalink | Reply

I have found great success with having a integration hair treatment put on my head (think extensions that are really well done) and it has completely changed my habits bc I can feel how this hair is not my own and I don’t want to touch my scalp because there is a fine mesh weave covering my head. I have my own hair back again but I keep this up as a behavioral modification that is working for me. If you live in the NJ area I highly suggest this salon http://www.mystiquehairgrp.bravehost.com

They helped me after I got scammed at another place. Their rates are great, their product is great and I can’t speak any higher of them.

• Posted January 21, 2014 at 9:19 am | Permalink | Reply

Hey Tara, where did you get scammed? We like to have places to recommend and need feedback from people like you!